Friday, December 5, 2008

Food and Fun

Very eventful week, to say the least. Micah is beginning to teeth really bad. He started over the weekend getting really fussy and not sleeping very long. Teething tablets were mine and Micah's best friend for a few days. For some reason, they would calm him down enough to sleep every now and then. The strangest thing was when he would wake it would be bloody 'hell'. He would wake from a dead sleep and scream so loud. I felt horrible that I couldn't make him feel any better.

Due to all of this screaming he is now hoarse. Very odd, but he didn't scream that much. He isn't a crier anyway so I guess his little voice box couldn't handle very much.

In the evenings we are trying to get Micah to eat a little cereal with a spoon. Now remember, he is doing great with his veggies and fruits during the day. He LOVES sweet potato's, green beans, peas and banana's (so far) and HATES carrots. The picture below is what he thought of cereal with banana's! HA He figured he would just feed it to himself. Nice right?

So I have read in a few books that he is almost ready to begin the sippy cup. (begin? yeah right, this may take awhile) I decided one evening to give one to him to see what he would do. He actually did pretty well. He can hold onto the handle and bring it up to his mouth. Of course, the only thing he wants to do with it is chew on it but at least he knows where it goes. Or is that just because EVERYTHING is going into his mouth??

He got a little tired and decided to give it a break. He was pretty aggravated with it since nothing was coming out. With time I'm sure he will do fine.

On a trip to Wal-mart I came across Christmas hats! I couldn't pass them up, especially when they had a size to fit the little man. This is going to be so great for our pictures Debra is going to come take on Sunday for us. (I want a family picture and I just can't do it myself with no tri-pod) I will post some of her pictures next week, hopefully.

Micah says 'I want You!'
Fun-filled weekend! I have another Tastefully Simple party on Saturday, Debra is coming to take our pictures on Sunday, Scott and I are going out for our anniversary (can you believe it's been 2 years?) then on Monday Micah gets his 6 month pictures taken in Summersville at Images by Romano! yay

No comments: