Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! The past few days have been very busy. My parents came in from IL and we have been running around ever since. Our first stop was to my grandparents house, about an hour away. We ALWAYS do Christmas Eve with them and my dad's whole family. With my dad being the oldest of 9 children, there being 11 grandchildren and Micah being the only great-grandchild, you can only imagine how crowded and wild my grandparents house must be.

We started the day around 1pm with our big lunch, then went straight into unwrapping presents (which Micah LOVED). After presents, on to Mass for a few of us (where my cute little cousin played one of the 3 kids in the Children's Mass, can I just say, toooooo cute) and the rest of the family stayed with my grandfather at the house. After Mass, we headed over to my aunts to drag out the night. The Wii ended up being the most popular thing there that night, among kids AND mostly among the adults.

We were all pretty beat last night, but we knew we had more to come. This morning started bright and early when my brother and sis-in-law came over so we could have breakfast and exchange gifts. I miss them and wish we could see them more often. They are only 2 hours away but it just seems like more when we are both working. :(

Mom and I didn't slow down after this. We continued to make lunch/dinner for Scott's side of the family. We had a ham, turkey, green beans, stuffing and even some sweet potato's! Can I just say, YUM. My mother is the biggest help in the world. I don't think I could have pulled that off without her being here! (Thank you mom, love you) After lunch we also exchanged gifts! Let's just say, I racked up in kitchen accessories, you can never go wrong with kitchen stuff for me. I also got a few things for my camera, can't wait to use them!

I've put a few pictures in from the past few days, I hope everyone enjoys. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Christmas but also remembered the reason for the season!

No comments: