Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog! I decided to switch sites since I really couldn't get the other one the way I liked it and it was VERY aggravating. Hope you enjoy this one better.



Micah is already 6 weeks old. He is growing so fast and I wish I could just keep him this size forever. He loves to look at lights and watch the mobiles go round and around. If the noise stops on his swing he goes nuts and wants it back on until he falls into a deep sleep, very cute.











We did a bit a traveling in the past few weeks. July 4th weekend we went to Columbus to visit Grandma C's family for the weekend. This was Micah's first long adventure in a car and he did great on the way up and on the way back.


This past weekend we went on a very long voyage, we decided to visit my parents in Illinois. It usually takes my parents 8 hours to get there from WV and on the way there it took us 9 hours, we only stopped twice to eat and feed Micah so we made great time. On the way back, well it took us close to 12 hours because we took our time and stopped more often. All in all they were not bad trips.


While in IL my parents decided to take us to St. Louis to do some site seeing. Our first stop was at the Anheuser-Bush Brewery. When we got there the next available tour was an hour and 40 mins away so we decided to wait and see when Micah was going to wake up to eat his next meal. He had perfect timing, he got done 10 minutes before our tour started, awesome baby! We got to see some of the Clydesdale's and the first barn where they housed them at. Beautiful horses and a beautiful barn in the middle of St. Louis, would have never guessed.


At the end of the tour they take you to a hospitality room where you get 2 free beers (or alcoholic beverages) of your choice, along with pretzels. Well as you can see from the picture below, we had fun!






























Our next stop on the St. Louis tour was the Gateway Arch. This structure is just amazing when you get to see it in person. I never realized just how HUGE is until I was under it taking pictures. We even got mom in the tram that takes you to the top where you can take pictures and look over Illinois and Missouri. This was a great photo opp (I would have taken a family photo but Micah just looked so peaceful sleeping in his carrier)







I promise to update this blog more since I understand it better!

No comments: